As far as Grand Cayman’s history’s stretches back, South Sound has always been the community of choice in which to live. The south facing beaches, the vivid sunsets, the sound of the ocean gently rolling in, the surfers and paddle boarders playing in the waves, the proximity to schools and George Town, all complimented by the tennis, rugby and squash clubs. Not to mention the waterfront dining offerings of Sunset House and Grand Old House.
But South Sound is more than just the tangible, South Sound is the greetings from joggers passing each other by, it’s the elated smile of a surfer as he packs up at the end of a great day, it’s the many wagging dog tails as they happily greet and chase sticks on the far reaching beaches. It’s pulling into your driveway five minutes after you left the office. It’s that magic hour when those fortunate enough to call South Sound home emerge to take a seat on the beach and watch the sun dip at the end of yet another day.
South Sound has a significant collection of luxury villas and condominiums to suit everyone’s wants and needs, so here’s a taster of a few that are waiting especially for you, a few that will be completed soon and an enterprise that has already and will continue to bring welcome business investment. Oh and there’s also the artist’s home that’s worth a mention.
- Casa Luna: A very welcome first in architecture and design as the Casa Luna collection of villas pay homage to Tuscany. The Casa Luna homes have their own private beach cove, infinity pool, shady woodland, boat slip and gym. Connected with bridges over Koi ponds and meandering through lush gardens, each home is extremely private and affords the own unique views of South Sound, complimented by an impeccable standard of finish with rich woods and rare stones and granite; truly refined living at its very best in the most sought after Cayman enclave.
- Willow Beach: A cool and contemporary residence that affords magnificent entertaining space, a tropical gardens and expansive beach views. Modern simplicity through-out, this villa wraps around the pool and over two floors with a master bedroom that gives you unmatched views of azure seas and the protective barrier reef. Stroll out to your private beach to snorkel or explore. Entertaining is easy with a Poggenpol Kitchen and a full range of Gaggenau appliances. The dining room has uninterrupted views of the beach and swaying palms. Come home to Willow Beach, you may never want to leave ever again.
- Villa Mora: A captivating pavilion style beachfront residence. Just the private 75ft pool and its spa is awe inspiring to say the very least. Probably the most attractive and unique quality of Villa Mora is the seamless flow from the interior to the exterior through retractable glass sliding doors. Indoors and outdoors seamlessly blend into one. The expansive private beach and ocean views beyond are mesmerizing from the huge patio which simply begs you to take a seat and relax. Villa Mora personifies modern West Indian living and has just had a tantalizing price reduction.
- Vela After record sales in their first two developments, Lantern Point and San Sebastian, Davenport Development is now looking to the shores of South Sound for their third and fast selling development named Vela. Inspired by the Catboats of Cayman’s seafaring past, and a constellation of the Southern Sky, VELA (meaning Sail) is dynamic and modern in its styling. As an investor you can expect energy efficient design complimented by roof terraces, private patios, a fully equipped gym, a spectacular pool, a tennis court, onsite property management and concierge services.
- Cayman Enterprise City: The award-winning Special Economic Zone was created for knowledge-based industries in order to benefit from Cayman’s tax neutrality. Currently CEC hosts 133 companies and is growing daily thanks to the fact that they have stripped away red-tape and financial constraints that are usually associated with setting up an offshore Cayman company. They have also just announced the location of their future tech hub…South Sound! By being a CEC member your company benefits from no corporate tax, no capital gains tax, no sales tax, no income tax, no payroll tax, no import duties, no reporting or auditing requirements, a 3-4 day set-up, 5 year work/residence visas granted in 5 days, IP held offshore and a pro-business environment. And you get to live and work in South Sound!
- The Artist’s Home: Guy Harvey, the world renowned artist that is synonymous with saving the environment and the large canvasses he passionately paints to reflect his favourite place; the ocean and all of its inhabitants. As a marine biologist with his own ocean research company based in Florida, Guy Harvey is equally at home under water as he is with a brush in his hand whilst loving his new South Sound home. With an authentic and hand built Cayman limestone wall, Guy Harvey’s home looks out over his favourite place, the deep blue waters of South Sound.
Another development currently planned for South Sound is the Sound Shore Club which is about to break ground. Investors can look forward to a collection of six condos that promise modern design and a community pool that will look south to the barrier reef.
South Sound is in a wonderful and unique place where it’s beautiful and stylish homes and condos enhance nature, compliments the sandy beaches and brings an exclusive lifestyle that’s not always tangible, but then again, the most memorable moments in life never are.
Contact Sophie Miles at Milestone Properties and make South Sound your home.