Living in the Caribbean, especially the Cayman Islands, is a dream for many. And it can be a reality when you consider a Cayman condo!
When we look at the best areas in terms of Cayman residential property Seven Mile Beach is often at the top of the list and the reasons are legion. Tropical blue water, wide beaches, soft white sand, diving and snorkeling offshore, stunning sunsets and this attractive package is complimented by superb restaurants, night life and art and culture. It’s easy to see why Seven Mile Beach condos are usually on the top of everyone’s wish list especially as there’s a condo for everyone in terms of amenities, location and price range.
Now let’s take a look at other areas for your ideal Cayman condo. Milestone Properties’ favourite is South Sound. And there are several good reasons why. South Sound is one of Cayman’s oldest and still most sought after neighbourhoods to call home.
South Sound is quiet; it’s home to Surfer’s Beach, the Cayman Islands’ Rugby, Squash and Tennis Clubs, a boat dock and ramp, quiet and uncrowded beaches with surfers, kite boarders, dog walkers and tranquil sunsets and above all an air of quiet sophistication. It is here that you will find Grand Cayman condos for sale like Old Prospect Groves, Lantern Point, San Sebastian (units were sold out in record time and this Spanish style development has one of the best re-sale values in Cayman even though these condos were built almost six years ago), Vela (currently under construction and phase one has been sold out, phase two which has not even broken ground yet is already over 50% sold), Shore Club is well under way with construction and The Tides and Finn have broken ground.
Across from and a couple of blocks away from the ocean you will find 2bed/2bath and 3bed/2bath condos that were built some time back but regardless still have a very strong ROI, because of this superb South Sound neighbourhood. Further along the South Coast fully renovated condos like Old Prospect Groves have stunning beachfront views and are nestled in a quiet community.
Ultimately you have several neighbourhoods to consider once you do start looking for your ideal condo in Cayman as you have the choice of inland, canal front or oceanfront.
Some benefits to consider of buying Cayman residential real estate or Cayman Condos courtesy of Milestone Properties;
- Your bills are lower as insurance, maintenance and landscaping is paid by the HOA.
- If you do decide that you will only be using your condo part of the year it can be rented it easily.
- No stress if you don’t have green thumbs, that’s what the gardening services paid for by the HOA is there for!
- A condo is usually a smaller property to maintain, inside and out.
- Condo communities are ideal for social butterflies, sunsets and weekends around the pool, communal bbq area or tennis court.
- Most condos are gated, those one Seven Mile Beach have a manager on duty, many have security systems and you have the peace of mind know that there is always someone close by.
Now here are a few tips, again courtesy of Milestone Properties when it comes to actually searching for beachfront condos for sale in the Cayman Islands. These are handy tips for all prospective condo buyers across Cayman.
- Always use a realtor, it’s one of the benefits of CIREBA (Cayman Islands Real Estate Brokers Association), as a multi listing system you have the ease of working with only one realtor who has access to all condos that are currently on the market.
- Get a market analysis from your realtor.
- Always ask about the Home Owners Association, their monthly fees (referred to as a ‘strata’ in Cayman) and determine whether the HOA is solvent.
- Read the bylaws of the strata
- Ask questions about the amenities.
Entering the property market or expanding your existing portfolio in the Cayman Islands is always an exciting prospect. Milestone Properties looks forward to working with you to help you find a Cayman Condo that suits your budget and fulfills your dreams.